This message zeroes in on Joab, King David’s General, but also studies Abishai, Ittai, Saul, Jonathan, Ahithophel, Absalom, Asahel, Amasa, and Nathan the prophet.
The 12 principles seen in the lives of these key men are:
- Wisely and consciously choose those to whom you give your loyalty.
- Give loyalty to people and positions, not just to personalities.
- Loyalty to human leadership is really loyalty to God Himself.
- Loyalty is needed to make YOU what you ought to be.
- A loyal person seeks to understand both the words and the heart of his leader.
- Loyalty is seen the clearest when the opportunity for disloyalty is the greatest.
- A person demonstrates where his loyalties lie by those to whom he passes praise.
- Loyalty is destroyed by bitterness or becoming offended.
- A loyal person will not “have his own agenda.”
- Followers who follow leader-followers must keep their loyalty first with the leader.
- Only the leader knows if the follower is truly loyal.
- True loyalty is not fully known until the end of life.
Running time: 79 minutes
This title is also available for a special price in our DVD Youth Collection.
“I wanted to write and express our deepest thanks for making available to us the message on “Understanding Loyalty in a Disloyal World.” The message came at a very needful time in our family's lives. Especially it was beneficial for our son but we all have profited from it. Your ministry has been a real blessing down through the years, but especially this message has proven to be helpful to see loyalty from all aspects. Only eternity will reveal completely to you what benefit that sermon has been to us and I'm sure many, many others. I can testify that this message has helped keep the enemy from claiming victory in our sons life. I will continue to pray for you and your ministry as I know the enemy would love to destroy you and your influence on others.”
~ A grateful Pastor's wife